12-12-12
Today surprised me numerous times in delightful ways.
Here was one:
My nephew, Billy, and his girlfriend, Heather, drove through Phoenix on their way to San Francisco. I had no idea they were coming and it was so sweet to have an unexpected, happy visit like that.
When Billy was a little boy, he would run and jump into my arms and give me the most wonderful hugs. To this day, it touches my heart just to think it. He still gives fully committed hugs - tighter than anyone I've ever known.
And I got to meet Heather for the first time, which was a special treat too.
And another:
I got registered for some classes. I'm going back to school, it seems. It all has happened surprisingly easy - the grant money came and then I went for an advisor appointment this morning and they got me registered for classes on the spot, without me having to do much of anything really.
Also, I got a massage today - how lucky is that? And tonight we celebrated the birthday of a dear friend and got to be around good people. And Suky keeps singing Jingle Bells and it is adorable. And now it is night time and we get to go to bed and be cozy and warm and I have the softest, nicest flannel sheets I've ever felt in my life.
Today surprised me numerous times in delightful ways.
Here was one:
My nephew, Billy, and his girlfriend, Heather, drove through Phoenix on their way to San Francisco. I had no idea they were coming and it was so sweet to have an unexpected, happy visit like that.
When Billy was a little boy, he would run and jump into my arms and give me the most wonderful hugs. To this day, it touches my heart just to think it. He still gives fully committed hugs - tighter than anyone I've ever known.
And I got to meet Heather for the first time, which was a special treat too.
And another:
I got registered for some classes. I'm going back to school, it seems. It all has happened surprisingly easy - the grant money came and then I went for an advisor appointment this morning and they got me registered for classes on the spot, without me having to do much of anything really.
Also, I got a massage today - how lucky is that? And tonight we celebrated the birthday of a dear friend and got to be around good people. And Suky keeps singing Jingle Bells and it is adorable. And now it is night time and we get to go to bed and be cozy and warm and I have the softest, nicest flannel sheets I've ever felt in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment