Friday, December 7, 2012

Gratitude Day 15

Another Yes has been identified.

A big goal/priority I have right now is to clear out the clutter in my home, clean up our space, and make it feel more open and tidy and comfortable. And just to let go of what needs to go - which is a lot. It has been growing increasingly chaotic and hard to manage and that is very much not comfortable to me.  Also, it is very possible that moving could be in our near future and I feel the need to pare down what will be involved in that.

Honestly, this has been a "goal" of mine for years.  The house is not out of control like an episode of Hoarders or anything but it is cluttered enough that it nags me every day, at all times that I am in my house.  I made good progress for a while but then it started getting stacked up again and lately, it looms over me bigger than ever.  I just can't seem to get a handle on it.  It, like many things in life right now, overwhelms me.  I work on it and my efforts don't even seem to make a dent.

But, interestingly, almost every day I overhear or read or randomly step into a conversation about this very thing.  Most of the people who speak about it do not know this is my desire.  Most have no idea what my house looks like right now.  But it is mentioned and recommended and talked about.  It just keeps coming up and every time, I find myself thinking, "Yes!  I want that.  I neeeeeeed that.  I have to do it."

So there it is.  One more clear "yes."  Yes to clearing and cleaning and letting go on all levels.  I'm grateful for that clarity and grateful for the inspiration, energy, and action that will make it so.


No comments: