Three years ago today Suky emerged into this world. There's so much gratitude wrapped up in that one sentence, that I could just stop right there.
But we're so lucky that we've had a whole beautiful day with gratitude spilling itself all over the place. I worked most of the day at a festival in the park, a celebration of family and fun and community. Suky's birthday was announced on stage and the whole park full of people sang Happy Birthday to her.
There were costumes and balloons and stilt walkers and magicians. There was a parade for the children and a kids open mic (Satvinder performed poi in front of everyone and did great!) And there were so many sweet people and there was music.
After the festival wrapped up, we went to dinner and, again, sang Happy Birthday to Suky. Then her dad and I both said we loved her and she yelled so loudly, with such enthusiasm and joy, "I LOVE YOU TOO!"
Blessed.
But we're so lucky that we've had a whole beautiful day with gratitude spilling itself all over the place. I worked most of the day at a festival in the park, a celebration of family and fun and community. Suky's birthday was announced on stage and the whole park full of people sang Happy Birthday to her.
There were costumes and balloons and stilt walkers and magicians. There was a parade for the children and a kids open mic (Satvinder performed poi in front of everyone and did great!) And there were so many sweet people and there was music.
After the festival wrapped up, we went to dinner and, again, sang Happy Birthday to Suky. Then her dad and I both said we loved her and she yelled so loudly, with such enthusiasm and joy, "I LOVE YOU TOO!"
Blessed.





No comments:
Post a Comment