I realized at some point that Satvinder and I both needed to just have some calm together time. We both are adjusting to my diffusion of energy. So we got out a little magnet game - like paint by numbers except with colored magnets instead of paint. And that simple thing was so healing for both of us. Just to sit together while the baby slept and do a little project together, talking about Harry Potter and whatnot.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Day 5
I feel like I have kind of lost my ability to put feelings into words - so hard to describe even one facet of what each day brings. Today I have felt kind of blue - the empty womb, the changing relationship with my first born, the enormous transition that is life. It is beautiful and wonderful and new and comes with a vast array of emotion.
I realized at some point that Satvinder and I both needed to just have some calm together time. We both are adjusting to my diffusion of energy. So we got out a little magnet game - like paint by numbers except with colored magnets instead of paint. And that simple thing was so healing for both of us. Just to sit together while the baby slept and do a little project together, talking about Harry Potter and whatnot.
Satvinder can't keep her hands off Sukhjot. None of us can. Nope. Not possible. Good thing she sleeps well despite us being so handsy.
Nothing compares to the softness of a newborn. God, she is SO SOFT. There can't possibly be anything ANYwhere that is that soft.
Sleeping archer pose.
Satvinder and the magnet game that helped us both sort through things today.
I realized at some point that Satvinder and I both needed to just have some calm together time. We both are adjusting to my diffusion of energy. So we got out a little magnet game - like paint by numbers except with colored magnets instead of paint. And that simple thing was so healing for both of us. Just to sit together while the baby slept and do a little project together, talking about Harry Potter and whatnot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love this post. Sounds so healthy and the natural transition. I love seeing Satvinder with Sukhjot - so sweet together.
Yes, it is quite a transition emotionally. What a wonderful way to calmly adjust to the changes. Sukhjot is so beautiful Kewal. What a blessing. And Satvinder looks soooooo proud to be a big sister.
I just saw this and it is truly inspiring! You are an excellent writer!!!
Post a Comment