Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 14

I kissed Sukhjot on her chin(s) and she tried to eat my nose. I love her so much.

Today there were some almost "normal" feeling times. How about that? One time was being in the back yard - I was carrying Sukhjot in a sling while she slept and Satvinder was playing on the hammock - and there was sunshine. Satvinder was asking me to name an animal and then she would pretend to be that animal as she climbed around on the hammock. It was so simple but so nice.

Newborns make such funny noises - growls and shrieks and snorts. Mangala Sadhu Sangeet says Sukhjot sounds like a pterodactyl. He will look at her and say, in a serious voice, "You are really cute but we actually aren't a pterodactyl family. You might want to learn some new words."

Satvinder stayed home from school today. She had a sore throat last night so that was my "reason" for keeping her home. Really, I think I just wanted her to be with us - because she actually felt fine this morning and could have gone to school. It feels best when we are all together. I know I can't keep her home like this on a regular basis but it sure has been nice today.





1 comment:

goldlionaz said...

Its beautiful to watch her grow everyday, he eyes get bigger and she looks more expressive. You have a beautiful family!