Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 27

In the wee hours of the morning, when I'm nursing Sukhjot and staring at the heart shaped night light in our room, I think of all kinds of clever things to write about and share with you on my blog. I'm FULL of ideas. I write it all in my head and then at the soonest possible opportunity, I conk out and completely forget it all.

It sure has been nice to have my mom visiting. Good to have family here. Good to have extra help. She helps me do the dishes, she holds the baby while I do things like take a shower and check my email, and she entertains Satvinder with coloring and crafts and stuff. Just having someone with me makes me a lot more brave about doing things - like going out into the world. I still don't really know how to handle two kids at once. So far, in our limited outings, there have been no major challenges - but it is just the idea that I have someone else there if I need them. But these days with my mom are good - I get my feet wet while I still have help. And soon I'm going to be a pro, right? Mmmm hmmm. Right.

Satvinder has been like a hungry puppy - dancing around us all and yap yap yapping for any attention she can stir up (positive or otherwise.) It's been a big adjustment for her too. My time with her is mostly involving reading. I can read while I nurse Sukhjot - so everybody wins. Lately we've been reading Superfudge, which is a funny kids book. On my own I read Operating Instructions, which is a funny postpartum book. We're all about the funny around here.
Sukhjot and some sock monsters

Satvinder with her bright eyes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh! your beautiful girls are making me so excited to meet my own little girl!!!! I can't wait! I know what you mean about the amazing, brilliant blog posts you write in the middle of the night. Mine are just award winning (hahaha) until I forget them in the fog of sleep dep.

Gurl Liz said...

Sukhjot is definitely voguing in that one!!!