"Kindness is an essential part of every female. As your kindness expands, prosperity grows." - Yogi Bhajan
Grandma Hart, who passed today, was an example of exactly that kindness. It radiated from her - expanding, expanding and touching all around her. I wrote something for her yesterday. While she did not receive it personally, I trust that all the love and appreciation that was coming to her from near and far was felt on some level as she moved into the next existence. I share it with you here as some small expression of how she touched me - though as mentioned, it doesn't adequately describe.
Dear Grandma Hart,
From the moment I met you, you welcomed me and embraced me in the family you created. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me that you took me in as one of your own. I hardly even knew my husband when we got married but you were warm, loving, and inclusive to me right away.
On the eve of our wedding, you gifted me with a carved wooden angel that has always been one of my favorite treasures because it reminds me of you and the way that you love. It is smiling and peaceful and its arms are stretched wide like a hug.You told me one time that since all of my grandparents were gone, you and Grandpa Hart would be my grandparents. And that is how I have felt. Even with not seeing you in person very often, I feel you in my heart, as a presence in my life and the lives of our children. It has been a huge blessing for me - to have gained the Hart family, the family that grew out of your love. It gives me comfort to know that our children are part of that legacy.
When I see you or read your words, I am always struck by the kindness with which you communicate. There are not many people that speak with such an open heart, honesty, compassion, and faith. So many times I have been deeply touched by your appreciation of differences in people, the way of honoring humanity and our abilities to overcome challenges. You don't back away. You embrace and you love. And that is something I cherish about you. I don't usually save many letters I receive (we don't have much storage space) but I have saved yours because they touch me every time and I come back to them and re-read them - just to feel the love and sweetness of you again.
Thank you for being a powerful inspiration - a graceful, beautiful, courageous mother and woman. I hold you in my heart forever. I wish I had better words to tell you what I want to say - words actually feel inadequate. But I hope you feel it. My prayers, love and gratitude are with you.
Love,
Kewal
Grandma Hart, who passed today, was an example of exactly that kindness. It radiated from her - expanding, expanding and touching all around her. I wrote something for her yesterday. While she did not receive it personally, I trust that all the love and appreciation that was coming to her from near and far was felt on some level as she moved into the next existence. I share it with you here as some small expression of how she touched me - though as mentioned, it doesn't adequately describe.
Dear Grandma Hart,
From the moment I met you, you welcomed me and embraced me in the family you created. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me that you took me in as one of your own. I hardly even knew my husband when we got married but you were warm, loving, and inclusive to me right away.
On the eve of our wedding, you gifted me with a carved wooden angel that has always been one of my favorite treasures because it reminds me of you and the way that you love. It is smiling and peaceful and its arms are stretched wide like a hug.You told me one time that since all of my grandparents were gone, you and Grandpa Hart would be my grandparents. And that is how I have felt. Even with not seeing you in person very often, I feel you in my heart, as a presence in my life and the lives of our children. It has been a huge blessing for me - to have gained the Hart family, the family that grew out of your love. It gives me comfort to know that our children are part of that legacy.
When I see you or read your words, I am always struck by the kindness with which you communicate. There are not many people that speak with such an open heart, honesty, compassion, and faith. So many times I have been deeply touched by your appreciation of differences in people, the way of honoring humanity and our abilities to overcome challenges. You don't back away. You embrace and you love. And that is something I cherish about you. I don't usually save many letters I receive (we don't have much storage space) but I have saved yours because they touch me every time and I come back to them and re-read them - just to feel the love and sweetness of you again.
Thank you for being a powerful inspiration - a graceful, beautiful, courageous mother and woman. I hold you in my heart forever. I wish I had better words to tell you what I want to say - words actually feel inadequate. But I hope you feel it. My prayers, love and gratitude are with you.
Love,
Kewal



No comments:
Post a Comment