Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 38

We took Sukhjot to the doctor and confirmed that she has Reflux - so that's not such a huge deal. She'll outgrow it and for now, we just manage it the best we can. It is a relief to know what the situation is.

Luckily, Mangala Sadhu Sangeet went too - we realized as we were leaving the doctor that we had a flat tire. Actually, I'd been driving on that flat tire all day - I had wondered what that "strange sound" was but never thought to check the tire. It would have been a much bigger ordeal had it just been me.

It seemed like everywhere we went, we saw people who were having a really hard time. Lots of physical disabilities and challenges. It made me say, "God, my life is SO EASY." It seems impossible to process what goes on in this world - so much that people go through. There's a lot more that I wanted to say about this but I'm not finding the words. It is just something that is sitting heavy in my heart. It is like the times I've been in India and witnessing the vast spectrum of living conditions and just wondering "Why?"

There's always more layers of surrender to what is. And always more to be grateful for.

Here's the pictures from Day 38
Sukhjot has started making new sounds - especially when happy. They are a joy and a delight to hear.
Satvinder wants to show Sukhjot the things she enjoys - like playing in the laundry hamper. However, Sukhjot doesn't always look where directed.

1 comment:

Katy said...

oh my goodness! Miles has reflux, too. It sounds like our babies are kindred spirits.