Today the baby has cried a lot. Some days are like that and we keep running into dead ends for trying to resolve whatever is bothering her (latest theory is that she has some physical issue and needs to be seen by a specialist that it turns out has a 4 month wait list.) Whatever it is seems to get better and then after a couple days she starts having a hard time again.
So there I am, holding the baby in the kitchen, with her beloved exhaust fan running. I have to pee but I dare not leave the site of the exhaust fan because she's soooo close to finally sleeping. I'm bouncing and rocking and walking - as I have been for hours. I've just gotten Satvinder to school - 3 hours late. I'm a little worn out at this point.
But then I open the mail - sloppily, of course, because I only have one free hand and I'm still bouncing. And there are these beautiful birthday cards with just the words I need to see. I love how that happens. It is like God uses us all to plant a little kiss just when someone needs it. Today that kindness came through Mike, Sharon, Michael, Andy, Denali, Haring, and Gurdarshan and I am grateful.
1 comment:
oh my, your story brings me back to those days marching miles up and down the stairs as we played static over the radio. thankfully, we downloaded a white noise mp3 and put it on an ipod with little speakers. now, at least i can bounce in any room of the house!
Post a Comment