Friday, May 14, 2010

It is not just me then?

I had a whole personal thing written out that I was thinking of sharing about some things I am going through, in increasing intensity, lately. But I'm not ready yet - not even clear enough to speak to my internal workings. The best I know how to say it, in a simplistic sort of way, is that I am having an identity crisis. I am not sure who I am or what I'm about as some major things I have identified with are changing for me. And that is taking me through an agonizing process.

But apparently, I'm not the only one...

So here is the first paragraph of an article by Jose Stevens that I found very timely. It pretty much sums things up. (The rest of the article focuses mostly on divorce and death - but much can be applied to other sorts of endings. Read the full article here) But really, that first paragraph, alone, is just good to know.

"We have entered a time of unprecedented change, rapid transformation, a paradigm shift for the planet, and while this can be exciting and interesting there is a price to pay. For everything new comes an ending of the old, old ideas and beliefs, old techniques, old routines and lifestyles, and old ways of holding onto relationships. With the economies of the world in flux, old systems failing, religions in crisis, corporations crashing down, old belief systems being replaced, and new technologies appearing on the scene daily, people don't know who they are anymore. When most people gain their sense of self by what they identify with, change brings about an identity crisis and with it the possibility for tremendous growth."

2 comments:

Leita said...

Oh, Kewal. I feel you, Sweetie! My whole life has changed and changed again and again and again (esp) this past year. Sometimes, I really just feel lost too- like I don't know WHO I really am, and other times, I feel like it's gonna be ok... it will... I know that and you know that... it is such a challenging process. This thing called life--- ahhh! I am grateful today... that's what matters, right?

Candice said...

You are most certainly not alone! I have been laid off for more than a year and Trent was just notified that he is also losing his job . . . we will lose our home, move in with my mom, and likely file for bankruptcy. Ouch!

On the brighter side of things, we have decided as a family to be mostly vegetarian, eat organic foods and make our health a top priority. We have grown closer and have learned what really matters in life - our dear friends and family.

We have good days and not so good days, but at the end of the day, just know that you are loved beyond measure and that we think about you and your family all the time. In fact - I even talked a neighbor into hiring a doula for her natural birth in large part because of Bodhi's beautiful birth with you.

Much love and light to you!
~Candice