The email we got from Nirmal today included poetry by Satvinder. I have included my personal favorite here. We are soooooo very ready to see our girl.
I love you
By Satvinder Kaur Khalsa
I speak to my radio
I love love my radio
My parents, my parents are in India
I’m staying with Elia and…
The raggle taggle gypsies OH
I hopes you will come back after awhile
I wish I could have a cheese stick with you
With you and the raggle taggle gypsies OH
I wish you could go to my birthday OH
My parents, my parents are missing
My birthday OH OH OH
They’re coming back the day after my birthday OH
And my home is with the
Raggle taggle gypsies OH
Oh to be mellow,
I come to you my parents
Would you make me a better person?
Fix the world for me OH
So I don’t have to do all this work alone.
I hope my raggle taggle gypsy parents miss me OH
Because they’re not with me OH
And my gypsies OH
I’m singing poems for you OH
I hope you come back to my neighborhood someday OH
I have a hundred ponies and a hundred unicorns
And a fence in my backyard
Run away, my parents OH
Silk and bread and a drink in India
A silk threaded drink.
I hope you sail on this cheese song
And help me drink extremely silk long
3 comments:
what a great poem
She sounds much older than her years.
That Satvinder is just amazing!
Post a Comment