Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Baisakhi & Pics

Today is Baisakhi, which is a big celebration day for Sikhs. Tomorrow we go to Goindwal so I will probably not be able to update the blog for a couple days. We had the opportunity to put up some pictures so I have some here and have added some to previous posts.
Mangala Sadhu Sangeet Singh at one of the entrances to the Golden Temple.

I love to sit and look at the Golden Temple. It just feels so good to be there.

Mangala Sadhu Sangeet Singh on the Parkarma

This was taken at the rooftop restaurant of our hotel, which is just steps away from the Golden Temple gate. The rooftop dining, like everything in Amritsar, is covered in a layer of dirt/dust - but you can't beat the view (the Golden Temple) and the sounds (Gurbani Kirtan from the Golden Temple!) And the food is quite good too.

2 comments:

Krishna said...

You look like you're having a great adventure.

Gurl Liz said...

I love Mangala's grumpy grandpa face!