Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gratitude Day 3

You never know what the day will bring.

Completely unexpected, I got a card and gift in the mail today that took my breath away. I literally had to sit down when I opened it and Satvinder asked, "Mama! Are you ok?"  I know, it is probably annoying that I am not going to say what it was but it is not about what it was, it is about what it meant to me.  To me, it meant that love and support is abundant. I'm getting this message a lot lately.

My teacher, Yogi Bhajan (Siri Singh Sahib) used to say something to the effect of God always fills a vacuum - that when space is created, something will always fill it.  At a time in life when loss is such an overwhelming day-to-day feeling, I am constantly being amazed at the law of the vacuum, amazed at seeing the ways in which the space gets filled.

Every day someone reaches out to me.  Every single day I get a message, a phone call, a hug, or some expression of love and kindness.  These connections come from people I know well and from people I hardly know at all.  There has been emotional support, healing sessions, help with my housing situation, calming herbs, gifts and food and more offers to get together than I have even been able to schedule.  I have been given support in so many forms, far beyond what I ever would have expected.

So, you never know what the day will bring.  You never know what is going to come to fill the empty space. Things move out and things move in.  Today, I am grateful to be observing and experiencing that flow.

No comments: