Sunday, April 3, 2011

Books and Mermaids and Perfectly Designed Chaotic Nature

Sukhjot with her favorite books

Satvinder dressed up as a mermaid - going to a friend's Harry Potter themed birthday party. She was counting the days for this one. I dressed Sukhjot as a house elf but those pictures didn't come out so well.

Oh, and you know what is exciting me right now? Permaculture. I've been interested for a few years and looking into it now and then. But for some reason, right now, I am just eating it up. I may not know exactly where our family is headed but I project for it to involve more of these principles. How is this not being adopted everywhere? It has certainly been around long enough. So smart! So juicy! So exciting.

My friend, Liz, told me about this community that is in development, One Community, where they are going to utilize permaculture in addition to creating a whole new model for how people live. People are doing amazing things all over the place.

Yes, amazing things are everywhere. Everywhere.

"Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple." - Bill Mollison


1 comment:

Gurl Liz said...

Amazing Mermaid costume!

I am excited that you are excited about One Community. I am thinking of going to the retreat at the end of the month in Malibu! Trying to drag Jonny...its all happening!