Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yard Sale for Charity

This Saturday we'll be having a yard sale to benefit SPOON Foundation, a charity that helps provide proper nutrition for orphans in developing countries. Click on the link to learn more about their efforts and be sure to watch the short video.  Like they say in the video, we can't adopt them all but we can help from afar.  And basic vitamins and minerals can be a very simple way to make a big impact in their health and well being and give them a chance in this wild world.

Saturday, April 23
8 am -12 pm
my house
I welcome donations of stuff to sell, donations of money for the charity, shoppers who want to buy great stuff for cheap, friends who just want to stop by or tell their friends.  All support welcome.

As I've mentioned before, I've got a special aching in my heart for all the children who are without the basic care that most of us take for granted.  I am really grateful that there are people working together collectively to help. Look at those sweet little ones in the video. Don't you just want to shower them with love and blessings? Geez. I sure do.

Anyways...come by on Saturday if you are in my town. If not, please check out the charity and support them if you can.

No comments: