Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fathers, Thumbs, and a Praying Mantis

I've been thinking lately about fathers. Satvinder and Sukhjot have a good one and I am really grateful for that. I wrote a little piece about fathers today - it will be up later this week on the Spirit Voyage blog that I am now writing some stuff for. Speaking of which, my first post there went up yesterday. You can view it at: Staying Sane in a Sea of Change

Satvinder and her Pitaji have a variety of games they play - often involving flipping and tumbling and climbing. Last night they played "thumb wars" - which Satvinder considers correctly played only when she wins. Sukhjot enjoys watching their games.

I found this praying mantis on our fence gate today. I enjoyed the visual of it sitting in the swirl with the sky as its background. Life is beautiful.

No comments: