Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forgiveness

I would like to point you in the direction of my friend, Ek Ong Kaar Kaur's blog to read her beautiful post about forgiveness.

I especially liked this part from Guru Arjan that she included - I need to read this when I am looking at what goes on in this world and asking "WHY???" (But really, you should go to her blog and read the whole post.)

“There is no limit
To what the Creator creates.

There are tens of million of people
Living in pride.

Tens of millions of people
Who are blind and ignorant.

There are tens of millions of people
Who act with cruelty and do not share with others.

Tens of millions of people
Who have no maturity, and no sensitivity.

There are tens of millions of people
Who steal and create pain in others' lives.

Tens of millions who cause trouble and distress.

There are tens of millions
Who labor on behalf of Maya.

Tens of millions
Who wander from place to place, chasing after that Maya.

People are focused on what You,
Oh Divine One,
Have engaged them to do.

Nanak,
The Creator fashions the creation
And knows the purpose for what has been created.”

Guru Arjan
Sukhmani – Ashtapadi 10, Stanza 2

No comments: