Monday, August 24, 2009
Smile Encouragement & The Happy Dress
Having Satvinder in school all day is different now that I am not working full time. I always have plenty to do at home but things just seem so quiet. My funny companion is not here. I miss her but I'm happy to say that she is really enjoying school so far. I'm doing a lot of cleaning and clearing out - making room for baby but also just trying to get rid of the extra stuff that we don't need anymore. It feels good. I notice that when I let stuff go, other things that we actually need come into our lives (for example, cloth diapers!) I really believe (and am seeing) that you have to make room for things to come to you - you have to give in order to receive (and vice versa.)
Kids friends & baby Narayan: I had the pleasure of being at Narayan's birth and now am taking care of him sometimes while his mom treats her acupuncture patients. He's a sweetie and the kids all love him. He wasn't so happy here. It looks like Satvinder was encouraging him to smile - which didn't actually make him smile but it is making me smile right now.
Satvinder's "happy dress": This dress was first named the "happy dress" in Austin. One day when Satvinder heard she was going to get to swim with her Uncle Bill, she said, "Then I have to go put on my happy dress!" Today she announced, "It is time to show my school my happy dress." She's been wearing the happy dress a lot lately. I like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment