It was a really good weekend in Flagstaff. I was surprised due to my own case of "preghead" (frequently missing or forgetting important information) to find that our 120 day celebration was a Gurdwara (Sikh devotional service)that my in-laws set up in their home for the occasion. I really had been wanting to acknowledge this baby in a Gurdwara setting but it felt complicated to arrange that here in Phoenix. It was a delight to find my in-laws had created that for us in their home and it felt so good to be there. I really appreciate that they did that and invited their local community to celebrate with us.
Sunday brought another celebration: the wedding of our dear friends, Nirmal and Rai Singh. They got married in an aspen grove in Flagstaff and it was a very sweet event.
Here are pics from both happy occasions:

Gurdwara service

Chanting

Haring leading chanting

Nirmal and Rai Singh's wedding

Witnesses

Bride showing off her ring

Trees always mean tree climbing
No comments:
Post a Comment