Today I checked off a big item that has been on my "to do" list for a few years now. I completed my final requirement for doula certification through DONA and put all my stuff in the mail to them. It is done.
Doula certification through DONA involves courses in doula training, childbirth education, breastfeeding education/training, reading numerous books, attending and documenting births, getting evaluations from parents, doctors, midwives & writing essays. It can take a couple months before they get my packet all reviewed and approved - before I am actually officially certified. But I'm just so pleased to have it done.
I've been wanting to do this for several years and for at least a couple years, it seemed pretty intimidating. Now, to have done it, to be on the other side of the process - is a great thing.
For those of you who have been a part of this process or who have encouraged me along the way, I thank you deeply.
4 comments:
we tried the birthing center here in austin for milo's birth- but, the little guy was two weeks too early for them to handle the delivery (he was 6wks early). it was a great experience and i know that you must be loving what you're doing! there is no better thing on the planet than assuring others that innately we are capable of things that are sometimes seemingly impossible.
oh, and i saw "the business of giving birth" tonight. and i cried. three times.
congrats!!!!
WOOOHOOO!
That's awesome!! :) YAY!!
Post a Comment