Friday, March 28, 2008

About Last Time...

I've been feeling like I would like to share the unfolding of my last trip to India, seven years ago. I was living at the ashram in Austin and I had known for while that it was approaching time for me to get married. I knew I wanted a marriage that would grow me spiritually and that it was time to take some action but I didn't know what it was. So I prayed for an answer. The answer that came was that I had to go to India.

It happened a lot like this time. The answer came and it consumed me until I had the plans laid. A few weeks later, I was on a plane.

The experience of India was profound for me in many ways. It was profound to be in a place full of Sikhs and history of this path I have chosen. It was profound to be in a place where the unexpected is always underfoot and you have no choice but to trust that God will cover you. It was profound to be at the Golden Temple and feel that I had fulfilled a deep longing of my heart that I never even knew I had.

On March 16, I went to the Golden Temple and made a prayer for my marriage. Six months later - exactly - on September 16, was our wedding.

We may not know where we are being led or why. But so much in life right now is about surrender and trust. I don't need to know - I am just grateful for the journey.

No comments: