Sometimes I feel like I want to say something. Then I read the words of Guru Nanak or Rumi or Hafiz or another who expressed, in perfection, the experience of life and God - and I realize it is all right there. So tonight, here is a portion of Guru Nanak's Japji - translated to English by my friend, Ek Ong Kaar Kaur:
1
You think and think
ten-thousand thoughts,
but not one thought
will give you
what you seek.
You sit in silence
to find the silence
but silence never comes.
Your spirit always sings
the song of the Divine.
And all your troubles,
and all your cares,
these will never fade away
though you may hoard
every treasure in the world.
And all the clever tricks,
you use,
the countless little tricks -
not even one
will go along with you.
How can we find
the House of Truth?
How can we break
this wall of lies?
Surrender yourself
and walk the Way
of Spirit's Will.
Nanak,
be with what
is already written.
No comments:
Post a Comment