Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gratitude Day 40

At the completion of a 40 day cycle, like this '40 days of gratitude', it would be nice to have some kind of wrapping up message to share, a particularly special finale or something.  But what I have is actually more true to life - a day that has been a really good example of just keeping up and finding the gratitude in the midst of struggle.  I mean, that's what it is really about anyway, right?  So I guess it is not surprising.

I am pretty sure that every single person in our household would like to run away tonight.  Our first day of 2013 has been boring and pressurized and irritating and the kids are both stir crazy and fighting, fighting, fighting like crazy monkeys.  It has felt like every little thing was a battle today and I am exhausted.

Annnnnd...I am finding my gratitude.

We are here.  We are alive.  We have a family - strange and morphing as it may be right now - we have it.  We have people.  And a home.  We have beds and food to eat and clothes to wear.  We have friends and extended family and community and new people to meet and know all the time.  We have inspiration and opportunities to learn and grow.  We have amazing abundance.  I am grateful.

Just looking around right here from my desk, I find so many things to be grateful for.  Do you know how many pens I have?  I have lots of pens right now - good pens - and I really, really love good pens.  And I have a deal for a boot camp (ha!) that I'm going to try tomorrow.  $23 for an unlimited month of classes!  That's pretty great.  And I have a postcard from a friend.  And I have a rent check that I wrote today - and being able to pay rent is a really awesome thing that I'm grateful for.  And I am typing on my computer which is amazing and so convenient and helpful to have.  My walls have art by Satvinder, messages of love, and things that inspire me.  And there's a beautiful green plant growing on the shelf above.  And right now nobody is crying!

Wow.  I feel better.  This gratitude stuff is quite good.




No comments: