Sukhjot makes me laugh so much. The following conversations are just from this morning:
Suky: Where's Pita?
Me: He's doing Banis in the other room.
Suky: Bunnies?! Pink bunny?
Me: Banis. He's saying prayers, words.
Suky: Blue bunny? The bunny runned away?
Me: Do you hear his voice? Do you hear the words and sounds he is making? He is saying Banis, prayers.
Suky, running off: See bunny! Say hi!
(She was a little disappointed when she found Mangala and he was just sitting there, reading from a little book. And there were NO BUNNIES ANYWHERE.)
-----------
While I was washing dishes this morning, I heard Suky say, "It's good!" and turned to find that in the brief moments I had not been looking at her, she had reached into the garbage and pulled out the remains of Satvinder's pizza from yesterday's lunch. Seriously, I had just been looking at the child and she was not doing anything objectionable like digging old food out of the garbage. She has very stealthy garbage skills (both for putting things in the garbage that we don't want to throw out - and now, as I learned today, taking things out of the garbage.)
I said, "Oh, no! Honey, you can't eat food out of the garbage. It is not fresh anymore, not good. If you eat it, it might give you a tummy ache."
She immediately started dancing around excitedly. Then I realized she had misunderstood the word "ache" as she said, "Yes! Yes! I want to eat cake!"
(Disappointment #2: no cake in the house, darn it. But she loves us anyway.)
Suky: Where's Pita?
Me: He's doing Banis in the other room.
Suky: Bunnies?! Pink bunny?
Me: Banis. He's saying prayers, words.
Suky: Blue bunny? The bunny runned away?
Me: Do you hear his voice? Do you hear the words and sounds he is making? He is saying Banis, prayers.
Suky, running off: See bunny! Say hi!
(She was a little disappointed when she found Mangala and he was just sitting there, reading from a little book. And there were NO BUNNIES ANYWHERE.)
-----------
While I was washing dishes this morning, I heard Suky say, "It's good!" and turned to find that in the brief moments I had not been looking at her, she had reached into the garbage and pulled out the remains of Satvinder's pizza from yesterday's lunch. Seriously, I had just been looking at the child and she was not doing anything objectionable like digging old food out of the garbage. She has very stealthy garbage skills (both for putting things in the garbage that we don't want to throw out - and now, as I learned today, taking things out of the garbage.)
I said, "Oh, no! Honey, you can't eat food out of the garbage. It is not fresh anymore, not good. If you eat it, it might give you a tummy ache."
She immediately started dancing around excitedly. Then I realized she had misunderstood the word "ache" as she said, "Yes! Yes! I want to eat cake!"
(Disappointment #2: no cake in the house, darn it. But she loves us anyway.)
No comments:
Post a Comment