The house went on the market on Wednesday. It is priced at a little over half what we paid for it - that's the reality of the Phoenix housing market for you. Is that hard to swallow? Yes. Am I accepting it? Yes. Let's just hope the banks are equally as accepting of the situation.
Sometimes I get kind of freaked out about it. This morning I was spouting off about it - feeling frustrated about the financial loss and all the uncertainty that goes with that. And then Satvinder started handing me cards that said things like "Smile! Somebody loves you" and "This note is a hug from me to you - Can you feel it?" And just like that, she shifted me with her love.
Another thing I have been thinking about a lot lately, especially as I've been getting rid of stuff: It is not like anything actually belongs to us anyway. It is all temporary. Who cares when it goes? We have things for a few days or a few years - but nothing is forever. Not our stuff. Not our homes. Not even our bodies. And it is okay. We aren't our stuff, we aren't our money, we aren't our bodies. And I'm grateful to be feeling that more and more every day. There is a beautiful freedom in that acceptance.
1 comment:
I too am going through some hard lessons in the temporary and unpredictable nature of life. I find the more I step into it and let my expectations go, the simpler it becomes to just enjoy what is in front of me.
Post a Comment