This has been a busy week, after returning home from two weeks of travel. Just this week Sukhjot waved for the first time (her first wave was to her Mimi as we left my mom's house in Austin), she said, "hi" for the first time, and her very first tooth (finally!) has peeked out from her little gummy mouth.
This one year milestone paired with visiting family (many who I hadn't seen in 10+ years) has really left me reeling with the feeling of "Wow. It is all going by so fast." Life. Life is so fast. Honestly, it has hit me so hard that I almost don't know how to process it. So instead, I'm just trying to take in every moment, taste it as fully as I can, and be grateful for what is.
It reminds me of the Dr. Suess quote, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." These girls, this life, friends and family give me so much to smile about.
Sukhjot in the deep tub at my brother Mike's house in California. Aaahhhh...nice, deep tub for nice, deep baths.
Satvinder and Sukhjot at the family reunion/Christmas party where over 60 people from my dad's side of the family got together.
Sukhjot with my brother Bill in Austin...sitting on a rooster with a cowgirl hat on.
No comments:
Post a Comment