Today has been for "winter-wonderlanding" our house - making it ready for Satvinder's Winter Wonderland birthday party, which is tomorrow. I was burning up and sweating as I taped snow flakes around the back yard and hung the "pin the hat on the snowman" poster.
Even so, this poem by Robert Frost has come to mind:
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
At this point, I am very much relating to those last three lines. Still so much to do. And, with or without a party, there are always so many miles to go before I ever get to sleep. (Sukhjot wakes up more frequently than a newborn these days and sleep deprivation is just a part of life now.)
I keep meaning to write on here about the funny things Satvinder says or the cute things Sukhjot does. What was it Satvinder said? See, now I'm sitting here, ready to type and I've forgotten.
Oh, one thing recently was: "Oh for goodness sake, Sukhjot! How are you so cute?" And one of her favorite words has become "asinine," which is funny to me. Asinine! Everything is asinine now.
And Sukhjot has recently gotten into pointing. Her little pointer finger is busy pointing at so many interesting things in this world.
Satvinder reading and hooping - because it is not enough to do just one.
Baby
Sixty-something snow ball presents (they look like snow balls, right? Please say yes or, at least, sort of.) This is for a snow ball hunt - same idea as an Easter egg hunt but with little gifts wrapped in tissue paper. Hopefully it will amuse the kids for five minutes - it took me hours to make. haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment