Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day

We went to the zoo on Earth Day yesterday. The Phoenix Zoo does a lot of conservation and education so I feel good about going there and supporting their efforts.

Another great Earth Day activity was watching the movie Home, which I encourage everyone to see. It is a stunning movie about the interconnectedness of life on this planet. It includes amazing visuals and lots of info. Did you know that humans have impacted the Earth more in the last 50 years than in the entire history of humanity? It is a pretty heavy thing. In the end, there is hope - and even if you feel like you are aware of the environmental issues we face, I still encourage you to watch it. (I saw and learned things I was not yet aware of!) You can watch it for free on youtube: watch Home

This nice camel gave us a ride. They cap the weight load for these camels at 300 lbs. I thought that was a lot but the guy working there shook his head, "Actually they can easily carry 1000 lbs."
Baby girl wearing her hippo onesie.
The sting rays are nearing the end of their stay in Arizona - pretty soon it will be too hot here, I guess. They are so silky smooth to the touch.
Carousel is always a favorite.

No comments: