It is very sweet. And the picture sharing can be pretty amusing - because you just never know what a kid is going to decide to share publicly. I usually get teary at the birthday walk but this year, the tears I got were from laughter at the things Satvinder wanted to talk about. A couple of my favorite choices:
Age 1: Picture at Papago Park. What to share? Naturally, the part about how she used to call the mountains "Poop mountains because they look like a splat of poop." The funny part was that she whispered "poop".
Age 5: Picture of yoga at the ashram - photo by Kim Blake. What to share? "This was with Kim Blake. She has blue hair and she says she doesn't like kids. My mom thinks that is funny but I DON'T."
It is always fascinating to see what makes an impression and what comes to mind, when on the spot to share something. I shared on her "just born" picture - since, of course, she has no memory to share. What did I share? That she was born before the sun rose and that she was very pink - and that's how she got the nickname "Pinky".
No comments:
Post a Comment