You come as a reminder, in this dim pre-dawn morning, that the life I've been locked into is not the only way. You come as a reminder that I can choose to do better. I move through a process of recalling my own life - remembering and forgetting, of drawing blame and then forgiving, of knowing we all, as parents and family, do the best we can. And sometimes, as I can see in myself, our best is just not always that good. You tell me that I can choose to do more. I trust you and I move as you guide me - looking and loving and feeling and praying. Then crying. Because the truth is hard but it's worth it.
Smiling through the tears, I feel you with me. A vast expanse - space but not empty - so very very full. Blue grey expanse - an ocean of stillness and peace. Rich, deep, and beautiful. This is time and space before? beyond? human form. Yet I know you and then I rest with you.
We are together as the sun rises - me and you and your sister. I feel you flutter inside and your sister's hand reaches to touch my belly while she sleeps. You come as a reminder that there is so much more. And I speak, "Welcome."
2 comments:
That was cool.
Awww, I'm teary-eyed. That is beautiful.
Post a Comment