Monday, December 3, 2007

Austin - a quick trip

I spent the last few days in Austin, to be with my mom while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery. It was good to be there with her and see family and, thankfully, all seems to be progressing well for her.

There were certainly images being in the surreal hospital environment that my photographic mind wanted to capture. However, that was not my mission...and here are the few pics I've got:
Satvinder stayed in Phoenix with her Pitaji while I was away. I took this on the way to airport so I'd have a picture of Satvinder to carry with me to Austin. It wasn't really what I had in mind...but Satvinder had other ideas for the departing picture.

Two cuties in Austin: Jayden and Rascal

As I was leaving the hospital one day, I heard a strange voice singing Christmas carols. Peeking into the cafeteria, I found this guy - a singing and dancing (almost life-size) Santa. He kind of freaked me out.

Please send my mom prayers as she continues her healing. Thanks to all who have given their love and support in this process.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry we missed you....Bir Singh